Analytics is a free tool supplied by Google to help website owners to analyse the data, traffic, conversions, sales and user behaviour of their web visitors. We would advise everyone to start using this tool! Why? Because by analysing this data you can improve your website’s performance, drive more traffic, increase conversions and make more money.
Analysing Traffic Through Google Analytics
Inbound traffic to your website comes from a few different sources, understanding these will mean you can capitalise on your efforts in each area:
- Organic – this is people arriving from the search engines, having typed a keyphrase.
- PPC or CPC – this is traffic from your adwords campaign.
- Referrals – other websites that are driving traffic to you.
- Direct – this is people going direct to your website by using your domain address.
So for example in each area you can drill down and see how many visitors from each source actually converted – this could be an enquiry or an e-commerce transaction. You might find for example that you have been spending a lot of money on Adwords, driven a reasonable amount of traffic but none had actually converted. Making the necessary changes will make better use of your online marketing budget.
Analytics: the benefits
We recommend that everybody with a website implements Google Analytics, as well as being free, this tool provides a multitude of benefits. To name a few:
- See where your traffic is coming through, this is great for identifying where your online marketing efforts need to be more focused on.
- See key metrics for your site including the bounce rate, average time users spend on the site and average number of pages users visit per session.
- See your best-performing pages, allowing you to enhance pages that are underperforming.
- Track user behaviour, to see where users are dropping off the website.
Fly higher with search console
In addition to Google analytics, Google have another handy tool called Google search console (formerly webmaster tools). We implement and monitor this feature with all our clients, some of the key features include:
- Crawl your site to find and fix 404’s and other errors.
- Monitor search traffic to your website and the terms used to find your website.
- Review inbound links to your site.
- Monitor any penalisations from Google on your site and what is causing them.
- Test your websites mobile usability.
- Submit an XML sitemap to get your website indexed.
- Validate your robot.txt file.
How can we help?
In addition to our tailored Analytics Training, we provide monthly reporting for all of our clients, with custom reports detailing the performance of their website in comparison to the previous month and year.
Call us on 01793 766040 for further help and advice on Google analytics or any other aspect of web marketing.
Why not ring us for a no-obligation chat
Tell us what you want to achieve and we’ll tell you how we can make it happen. Telephone: 01793 766 040
Online Marketing Services Delivery
We understand that your goals and online journey will be unique to you and that to succeed you can’t be constrained by a one size fits all service. We therefore tailor everything to your needs, giving you flexibility to adapt your flight plan as you need which includes the way in which we deliver our services.
Our Google analytics services can be delivered in a number of ways:
Our team of digital marketing experts can fully manage all aspect of your digital journey to ensure your reach your destination smoothly. The majority of our clients work with us on a retained basis to ensure that everything is delivered effectively and consistently day in day out.
Google analytics setup and reporting tends to be included as part of our outsourced services for wider online marketing strategies, but we can create something bespoke if you need it.
Our team of digital marketing specialists can train and support your in-house team, enabling them to fly solo in a wide range of online marketing activities giving you a cost effective and sustainable solution.
With Google analytics this tends to be in the form of training tailored towards your skill level and your business needs,