There are many ways to populate a website with great content. The key is to make the content as useful to users as possible. This will not only help your site visitors to find what they need but Google’s sophisticated algorithms will also recognise the site to be of good quality. Content can be added to pages in the form of text, images, graphics and video. Updating content regularly and adding new pages or blog posts will keep a site fresh. It is also possible to create ‘user generated content’, this means the site gets updated with new content automatically by the users which means less work for the website owner.
Our Content Services
As part of your website marketing strategy, we will do a full content review to assess where improvements can be made, what is working for you already and where there are niches that you have not yet covered. We are able to help you to create the content that is required or we can create it for you. We will plan and execute a content strategy that is perfect for your business and your customers.
Content creation – What do your customers want?
Creating great content has to start with your target audience. You need to know the demographic, the mind-set, the buying habits and the personality of your audience so that you can build your website content to attract the right people. Ask yourself these questions:
What are they looking for?
What questions do they have?
What issues or problems do they have that you can solve?
What can you give them that your competitors can’t?
What information can you provide to really help them?
Can you provide a tool/calculator/graphic to help them?
How can you keep them coming back to you?
What makes your audience tick? What incentives can you provide for them?
It is also important to think about the presentation of the content and the art direction of the site in general. It needs to appeal to your visitors and be something shareable. For example if your website offers building services or products you wouldn’t want to make the site pink and floral. Ok so this is obvious but there may be ways to present your content that will increase enquiries and interest in what you do. Here are some ways that content can be presented on web pages or as blog posts:
- Text – make sure the font size is large enough and the text is broken by headings and bullets.
- Images – make sure these are optimised fully with correct tags for Google.
- Video – optimised correctly.
- Graphics – be sure there is some html text with the graphic or in it that is readable by search engines.
- Tools – make sure there is html text available and that the tool works in all browsers!
Researching how to structure your content can include many different areas. Below are a few ideas to get you started:
- Keyword research and analysis – You need to be sure that you include the correct search terms so that your content can be easily found.
- Analytics – If you have an established website with historical analytics data, then you can use this information to see which of your existing pages work best, Look at onsite search data and keyword entry.
- Competitors – what are your competitors doing well? Can you improve on what they have?
- Survey – ask your customers what they would find useful.
User Generated Content
This type of content creation is a great way to populate a website with fresh content very regularly. It is free and has much more weight as it comes from customers – Basically it is published content provided for the website by an unpaid contributor or individual. There are many different ways to achieve it and execution is paramount.
- Product Reviews
- Polls and surveys
- Response or comment through blog or social media
Why not ring us for a no-obligation chat
Tell us what you want to achieve and we’ll tell you how we can make it happen. Telephone: 01793 766 040